The Board of Directors of the Emmetsburg Community School District is committed to the following beliefs:
- Every individual deserves the opportunity to learn.
- Everyone deserves to be treated with dignity.
- Everyone is unique and has worth.
- Every individual has the right to personal freedom unless it infringes on the rights of others.
- Learning never ends.
- Everyone can learn.
- The purpose of schooling is to provide society with productive, literate workers and citizens.
- Schools and the community need to be equal partners in education.
- Everyone deserves an equal opportunity for success.
- Everyone deserves a caring nurturing environment.
- Health and happiness enhance learning.
Approved 3/15/93 Reviewed 03/20/2019 Revised